OT More Realistic Test was RE: tuning exam in U.S.

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:39:45 -0500

> Hold on a moment, Richard. You seem to feel you have a real
grasp on
> what should be rather than what is with regards to this subject.

Hold on Keith,
    Why shouldn't piano technicians take a test every four or
seven years just like teachers for example to retain their status
in their profession?  Or is this only a trade?  I was a house
painter once but no test there. But for the contractor's license I
think there was periodic testing.  Even here in South Dakota to
spray weeds we have to take a test every four years. And of course
there is the 4 year test to renew driver's licenses...  So why not
piano tuners ?
    When was the last time you were tested?

Keith asks ....
   > So I ask you, have you ever taken the Piano Technicians Guild
Tuning
> Examination on any piano?

    Yes but not officially as explained in another post.  To put
RPT at the end of my professional name doesn't mean that much to
me (or my clients) at this point in my career, and  some of that
has to do with the fact that there is no re-qualification
requirements to maintain that status.    ----R Moody

"Who does not understand a look, cannot understand long
explanations."
                               Arab proverb