single hitch pins

Sat, 28 Jun 2003 08:44:11 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Moody" <remoody@midstatesd.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 27, 2003 10:57 PM
Subject: Re: single hitch pins

Well, one and a half anyway. And a bit of pain to the fingers.

When I substitute vertical hitches for the originals I tend to keep the
string quite low--no more than 5 mm off the plate surface. In this case I
left the tails about 7 or 8 mm long and put a slight kink in them about 2
or 3 mm from the end so I would have a nicely rounded surface resting
against the plate. If the backscale had been just a bit longer I'd not have
bothered. I went looking for a picture but either didn't take one or its
current location is eluding me.

Del