Best way to get a 12 cents sharp result

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 14:52:23 -0400

Don,

If you're talking about concert tuning, maybe so.  Otherwise I would say
probably not, although it depends on your clientele and on you.  Piano
tuning is just like anything else.  Perfectionist customers seek out
perfectionist technicians.

>From time to time I am still surprised by how far out of tune a piano
can be, while the owner, who regards him/her/self as discriminating,
never seems to notice or sometimes even care.  And in my part of the
country, the piano's environment can destroy a "perfect" tuning in a
matter of days, sometimes even hours.  I am not a perfectionist, but I
strive to do good work and keep the customers happy, and it seems I am
being successful at both.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT