Nice Tails ???

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:09:52 -0500

At 6:57 PM -0400 6/29/03, bruce greig wrote:
>From my own experience, reducing the mass of the hammer moldings has
>minimal effect on touch weight ...

Sorry, Bruce, but I'll have to beg to differ with you, and here I
don't even know you   :-)

So please don't take it personal.

Reducing the mass of the hammer head, whether from the molding and/or
the felt part, by 1 gram (give or take) will reduce the downweight by
5 grams (give or take).

Now, I'm not blowing smoke here. I've done it on more than one
occassion and have experienced the effects firsthand.

The upweight is also affected in certain proportions.

Keith McGavern