Drying pinblock before stringing

Fri, 28 Feb 2003 20:26:32 -0800

Let me understand this.  You have a piece of wood with a hole drilled in
the middle.  You saturate it with water and the wood expands away from the
hole and the hole gets larger.  Now lets drill five holes in a close
pattern.  Saturate the wood with water.  Now the wood expands away from the
hole, except when expanding away from the hole directs the expansion toward
another hole.  The expansion stops short of the adjacent hole and reverses
direction in order that that hole will also get larger.  Doesn't make
sense.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net