grey/gray

Ron Overs sec@overspianos.com.au
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 23:55:21 +1100

At 7:25 AM -0500 1/3/03, Clyde Hollinger wrote:

>  . . To digress a little, have any of you serviced any decades-old Knight
>verticals that have printed on the underside of the lid, "made for the
>American climate" or something like that?  My experience is that,
>although that may have been the intent, they are characterized by poorly
>working actions, sluggish keys, keytops coming loose, etc.  My spirits
>droop each time I see another one.  And they are certainly not
>service-friendly, in my opinion.

Greeting Clyde,

Yes well, we have a similar "made for the Australian climate" which
appears on instruments over this side of the ditch. I suspect that
the transfer is the part which is made for the respective climate.
The piano's probably the same wherever it doth appear.

Ron O.
--

OVERS PIANOS - SYDNEY
Grand Piano Manufacturers