CLP

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 09:35:31 +0100

More than once the freeness obtained with CLP turned to a totally sluggish ,
even blocked part one month ago. (plated pins)

May be that depends of the original product used at the factory when
initially parts where pinned (generally water & alcohol fo what I know)

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech
17 rue de Choisy
94400 VITRY sur SEINE
FRANCE
tel : 033 01 47 18 06 98
fax : 033 01 47 18 06 90
cell: 06 60 42 58 77

  -----Message d'origine-----
  De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la
part de Kevin E. Ramsey
  Envoyé : lundi 3 mars 2003 03:20
  À : Pianotech
  Objet : Re: CLP

  Keith gives the absolute correct answer here. But it's usually not just
the jacks, it's the damper flanges, hammer flanges, you name it. In order to
do the job correctly, you'd basically have to repin about 528 flanges per
piano. Then, given the fact that this should be covered under warranty, but
nobody's going to pay you to do it, what are you going to do?  CLP will work
on a very temporary basis on Korean pianos, period.
      Oh, and Joe,,,,,, Goose Juice didn't offer a solution (pardon the
pun), either.

  Kevin E. Ramsey