top ten pianos

Mon, 03 Mar 2003 14:57:18 +0100

Hmmm.. Should have probably underlined that my choices were based on
instruments I have enough experience to feel comfortable including on
such a list. Walter could have been there,, but I have only heard a
couple of these on a one occasion. Baldwins are rare puppies in Europe.
Schimmels I simply would not put on my top ten list, tho maybe they
would fit in a top twenty. Kawaiis are also rare in this part of Europe,
and those that are here are el cheapos. Fazioli.... ahh yes... they
probably should be on the list... but again... I've only run into 1 of
them up here in the North... and that was a 9 foot that was allowed to
get run into the dirt by the fellow who has the tech job at the
Conservatory in Oslo.... the same guy who happens to be the one and only
Steinway guy in Norway...... no .... no conflict of interests there...
:)

You New York S&S fans would just love this guy..... He compares NY
Steinways to Samicks and Young Changs.

RicB