Bottom was top ten pianos

Nichols nicho@cybermesa.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 17:29:22 -0700

At 05:52 PM 3/3/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>>>Okay, now here's that other list. I'll start:
>>>
>>>1. Lester "Betsy Ross"
>>>2. Any piano with the word "Winter" in the name
>>>3. Most church "basement" or rec-room pianos
>>>4. PA Stark and similar 60's spinets
>>>5. Gulbransen spinets/consoles
>>>6. Pianos that have been underwater more than 6 decades
>>>7. Any piano with bass string diameters exceeding, say, 1/2 inch <G>
>>>
>>>Alan Barnard
>>
>>8.  Brambach
>>9.  Kranich & Bach
>>10. Story & Clark school consoles ('60s/'70s)
>>
>>extra credit - any alleged grand under 5', but especially "La Petite".
>>
>>Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
>
>11. Poole
>12 Grand
>13 Whitney
>Any of the last-gasp Aeolian products, most especially the "players"
>Extra credit - "But all the keys work"
>Ron N
Jesse French
Conn
Lowrey
Marantz
Janssen

Uh....yeah. Glad you added "Grand"..... and you came reeeaaal close with
Whitney. Should I be the one to add "Kimball"  (I know, Conrad said La
Petite), but.... I'll go ahead and put the whole product line in the bottom
ten. Maybe... at the top, but.... remember......
"Average" is just "best of the worst, and worst of the best". Right?

Oh well, best to think about the top ten, eh?

Guy