deep thoughts: DAMP CHASER

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:55:23 -0600

Ah ... one dissent. 1903 Steinway S. Weak block. She'd had the piano
restrung and some other work. Still had 2/0 pins (?). Installed DC w/o
undercover. Not only did it close up a soundboard crack so wide I could see
her dog playing under the piano, but there was significant improvement in
the block after about 8 weeks. Now this was during a season change (Winter
to Spring) but she keeps her house pretty sealed up and climate controlled.
Sure seems like it made a difference, whatay'all think?

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Greg Newell
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 8:16 PM
To: wayne.hohle@sympatico.ca; Pianotech
Subject: Re: deep thoughts: DAMP CHASER

Wayne,
         A Damp-Chaser won't do a thing to loose tuning pins in any grand.
The unit can only control the soundboard bridge area. Check on the web site
and you should be able to find a diagram of how there mounted and that
should be worth a thousand words or so. A properly mounted unit can and has
helped tuning pin tightness in an upright installation but never, that I'm
aware of, in a grand.

Greg