Tunelab & ETD's in General was Accutuner and Pocket RCT

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:36:28 -0600

Since I just bought Tunelab for the iPAQ, I'd like to see similar comparison
tests with it. (At least I THINK I would.) It was just so darn much less
than the RCT ...

I've about decided that I really want to become almost a strictly aural
tuner. I love the ETD's for pitch raises, bad scale analysis, and the top
octave ... but it seems like I spend way too much time watching the lights,
kinda makes me a slave to making them stop dead. Since individual notes are
going to drift slightly as their neighbors are pulled up, anyway, is it
really worth the aggravation?

How have AURAL vs. ETD tune-offs come out, speed wise? (For anyone who
remembers the 60's: This all sounds like John Henry, the steel-driving man,
going up against the steam hammer, doesn't it?)

Ducking. Covering. INCOMING!!!

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO