Why Do They Do It?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 02:52:57 EST

It is an unfortunate irony indeed that the vast majority of people who could
appreciate the finer pianos will never be able to afford them, while most of
our favorite instruments are in the homes of people who don't know a Steinway
and Sons from a Schafer and Sons, or a Boesendorfer from a Bargaindorfer.

On the other side of the coin, thank God some people can afford the really
great pianos, or they'd never see the light of day.  I'd rather tune a
Falcone grand that never gets played than a Winter spinet that never gets
played any time!

Dave Stahl