Dogs and pianos

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:14:06 -0700

Thump:

I worked on a YC PG-185 two weeks ago with severely corroded castors.  I
tried to figure out what had done it, until the owner fessed up that her
dogs had "marked" the legs of the piano.  EWWWWWW   .... In this
instance I am right with you bud... it was disgusting.

Jonathan Finger RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of gordon stelter
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:09 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Dogs and pianos

Yes, I have smelled plenty of reeking people, too, of
all economic conditions. Highly repulsive!
    But "Sterile world"? What about the fabulous 6'4"
Packard ($300) I had to turn down because of the pile
of excrement that had been under it? (Tell-tale sign:
badly corroded leg ferrules. Owner "fessed up".)  Or
the vintage Balwdwin "L", also $300, same story.
     I think that I merely have a civilized
disposition but, alas, such is not fashionable these
days, as can readily be seen in our media.
     Thump