Dogs and pianos--- just responding to Susan. Hope this is the last.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 05:26:19 -0800 (PST)

Dear Susan,
   A piano which has had, by the landlady's own
admission, a pile of German Shepherd feces under it a
foot high, is NEVER going to lose the stench!  NOT
EVER! Not if it is stripped inside and out and the
whole action replaced. Not no way, not no how! ( As
they say down here. )
     Fortunately, though, I have learned NOT to be
lured by the cheap price or glorious sound of such
instruments, and bring them home! I have gotten VERY,
VERY ill from having them in my shop ( hospitalized,
actually )and this is NOT just an aesthetic situation.
It is a BIOLOGICAL one! Would you want a pile of
German Shepherd feces in an operating room where you
were being incised? Didn't think so. And neither would
you want the surgeons to wear gowns which had been
hanging in such a room! If you can smell it, its
airborne and septic! Mark my words.
     Yes, I feel terrible everytime I must destroy a
piano. Particularly a nice one. But the crime is NOT
mine! It is the low-class @#@#$%**^%#@!%*'s who
treated it such in the first place! I will not even
give away a piano which could cause a child forced to
take lessons an illness, and believe that I would go
to hell if I sold it to them!
     Remember: Once people pay money for something
they become increasingly attached to it, and keep it
even if doing so is unwise.
    And I have seen pianos owned by VERY rich people
which were so crammed with mouse crap that I could
smell them 10 feet off, and have warned such people
that it would be criminal to sell this piano to
anyone. I have even offered to buy the piano from them
myself and destroy it ( a LOT of work! )  so that it
harms no one.  Yet they'll sell it anyways. And for
what? An extra hundred buck? Is that worth endangering
someone's ( probably a child's )health and reaping
God's wrath, the Karmic repurcussions thereof!
     I quite assure you, that it is NOT!
     So, let us not allow sentimentality impair our
commen sense. Pianos are fun. But not endangering
people is far, far more important!
     Goirdon Stelter

"But, for whosoever harms one of these little ones who
believes in me, it would be far better for them, at
their judgement, to have a millstone placed around
their neck and be thrown into the sea!"---Jesus