Clyde's vent time # 2

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:21:58 -0700

Clyde, Thanks for the advice, and I'm sorry you had to have this happen.
Kevin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Clyde Hollinger=20
  To: davidlovepianos@earthlink.net ; Pianotech=20
  Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:48 PM
  Subject: Clyde's vent time # 2

  David, you are too much!  :-)

  My day was clicking along pretty nicely until I got to my last
  appointment.  Daughter will be home, they said.  She wasn't.  After
  ringing the doorbell three times, I tried it.  It was unlocked.  Since =
  know these folks, I walked into the house and began to clear off the
  piano.

  About that time I was aware of a faint regular beeping.  "If my guess =
is
  right," I thought to myself, "I am about to hear a security alarm go
  off."  The thought had just come to me when that nasty earsplitting
  thing went off.  I had this happen once before.  Same situation -- no
  one home, alarm set, front door unlocked.  Why do people do that?!

  The phone rang although I could barely hear it.  Since I thought it
  might be the security company, I answered it.  It was.  I told them =
what
  happened, they called the owner who gave them the code, which they =
gave
  to me, and after ten minutes of that racket all was quiet.  The phone
  rang again, and it was the house owner calling to apologize.  I tuned
  the piano, washed the keys, repaired a damaged bench hinge, left the
  bill and came home.

  For anyone who never experienced this happy event, here's a hint.  If
  you didn't do anything wrong, don't get in your car and drive away!  =
You
  could make matters worse, and besides, you won't get paid if you don't
  tune the piano.  (No, I didn't drive away the last time, either, but I
  was surprised at how strong the temptation was to do so!)

  Now, I'm going to take the phone off the hook and, if I can settle =
down,
  take a nice nappy.

  Regards,
  Clyde