Clyde's vent time # 2

Paul McCloud pmc333@earthlink.net
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 23:37:22 -0800

Ok, here's my admission.  Same scenario, different street with same
number.  Evening time, street names aren't so well lit.  I go to the
house with the right number, look inside and see piano.  Ring doorbell,
young girl answers. I announce I'm here to tune the piano.  I ask if her
mother is home, she says yes, and her mother comes.  By this time I'm
inside, ready to do the tuning, but mother says she doesn't remember
calling to have a tuning, perhaps it was her husband.  She calls
husband, then says, "No, he didn't call".  Uh oh, are you Mrs. So and
So?  "No"!  I think I turned every shade of red you can imagine.  I say,
"Is this 'Such and Such street?".  "No".  "Do you know this other
street?"  "No"!  "Very sorry!  But if you need a tuning next time,
here's my card".  I went to the next street (the right one) and did my
thing.
Another time I was doing some touchup in a housing development where
every other house is identical inside, but all look the same outside.  I
went to the car, and when I returned the door was mysteriously locked. I
knocked, but there was no answer. Oh well, I'll go through the back
door.  (I knew the guy was inside, because he was ill and in bed.)  I
got to the sliding door, and looked in.  A woman appeared and screamed
at me, why was I there, who was I, I'm going to call the police.  I
apologized profusely as I beat a hasty retreat...  Why do they make all
those houses EXACTLY the same?

	Paul McCloud'
	San Diego