Clyde's vent time # 2

Thu, 06 Mar 2003 05:43:43 -0600

At 05:25 3/6/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Terry,
>
>I'm with you on that one.  I remember once a woman asked if it is okay if
>she leaves for a short time.  I asked specifically if she was taking the
>child(ren) with her, and when she said yes, I said okay.  Otherwise I
>would have said no.  I am not there to be a babysitter.
>
>Clyde

Clyde, Terry, et al,

I guess I've been real lucky.  I've always been happy with the trust my
clients had in me. I've been "home alone" with a number of teenagers and
never had a problem.  Maybe it's because I made good friends with the dog. ;-}

_Never_ on a first visit, though.  I insist the owner be there to be sure
we are on the same wavelength as regards the condition of the instrument
and what they want done to/for it. The other reason (left unsaid) is to let
the customer get to know _me_.

BTW, my license plate "PNO2NER" tells the husband just who's pickup is
parked out front (and has worked as advertising).

Conrad

Conrad Hoffsommer PTG RPT, MPT, CCT
Decorah, IA

Certified Calibration Technician (CCT) for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems