Epoxy Man Strikes Again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Thu, 06 Mar 2003 21:21:21 -0600

>The top ten reasons NOT to epoxy bridges to soundboard are:
>
>   1.
>   2.
>   3.
>   4.
>   5.
>   6.
>   7.
>   8.
>   9.
>10.
>
>Those are the reasons I can think of. Say you what?
>
>Terry Farrell

You might want to invest in a bottle of Titebond and have it sitting around
on your bench for when the urge to mix epoxy strikes. It's non toxic,
washes off your hands with water, doesn't have the vicious affinity for
hair and eyebrows that epoxy does, and has a bond strength exceeding the
integrity of the materials you'll be gluing together in this case. It has
good initial tack characteristics, and won't let parts happily slither
around anywhere they wish to go until it eventually hardens, like epoxy
will. It mostly washes out of your shop rags, even the ones you're wearing
- unless you're using Titebond II, in which case I can't help you.

In short, a fly swatted with a magazine will be just as dead as one swatted
with a battleship.

Ron N