Old German Piano

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:37:38 -0800

In all this conversation, not once, have we determined what kind of German
piano this is. Or, what size. A lot of Larger German pianos, that I've seen,
have a very long capstan that has an extreme amount of friction on the
wippen contact felt. This makes for a VERY "hard" action feel. Only
solutions I've found to work, somewhat, is to replace the wippen felt. Lube
it with teflon, (supersaturate it!). Super polish the capstan top. coat with
Emralon. Hope that may help some.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)