Putting bass strings back on

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 10:09:08 +0100

And No twist at all in double wounded of course .

I concur with the "test it" method, and asking the bass maker what he
consider. Some pretend no twist at all . It depends may be because
some are roughening then central string between 2 files, whiles others
don't.

Bass strings on Bechstein for instance are not roughened, can it be
the origin of their tone quality (they tone as when you talk and have
a little flu cold).

We have to wait a few days before turning the strings definitively if
necessary. I like the tone when it is not.

Best

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech