Putting bass strings back on

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 13:16:43 +0100

Hello,

Opposite from what I know, for a simple reason that is that they are
made in one pass.

But may be there are double wounded with 2 different core sizes and
turning the same direction, I just did not noticed that actually.

And always been told (by all bass strings makers, my mentors, books,
etc) not  to twist them at all.

I've noticed too sometime that the eyelets directions can well have no
relation with the wounding direction, even changing in the same set (I
changed bass string maker too).

Best Regards.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.