Andy, another PTG list?

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 8 Mar 2003 19:42:26 -0800 (PST)

> Creating new lists is quite easy.  But, let's face
> it, there are already
> many hundreds of active lists for idle chit chat,
> political discussions,
> religious debates, and just about any other topic I
> can think of.  So
> I would say there is already no justification for OT
> posts.

Dunno Andy,
      Most of those lists are for people who share a
common viewpoint, and it's just no fun debating
someone who agrees with you!
      I, for one, would welcome a list where a wider
variety of comments were allowed.... and would then
honor the sanctity of the current list far more
diligently, knowing that it was free of all sorts of
OT stuff: not just religion, and politics, but
isolated one-liners, general silliness, etc..
Strictly technical-- for when I'm in the mood!
       We are, after all ( well, some of us, anyhow )
multifaceted human beings: not just "tuning forks", as
it were.  And I, for one, would find it MUCH easier to
control my "OT Outbursts", were an officially
designated repository for them ordained.
      And I have a suggested name, too!------------
"The Piano Wire: Uncut Version"
     Those who did not want to participate could
simply not subscribe to it. Problem solved!

     Respectfully,
     Thump