prepped piano HELP! (xlist)

Mon, 10 Mar 2003 07:03:37 -0600

Friends,

It's a monday in the trenches again...

Came in to find a message from one of the piano profs.  He'd done some
preparation to the NYC D and says he will be doing the same to the
hamburger D before his Wednesday recital.

I found:
-key letter designations taped to the damper heads. not a problem with the
tape he used.
-nodes marked on strings (plain & wound) with MASKING TAPE!

I do not like any tape at all on strings, and masking tape leaves a residue.

Since little mushroom me is not likely to dissuade him from taping, what
tape is the least offensive (for someone hell-bent on taping) to use????

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- People never grow up, they just learn how to act in public. -Bryan White