Gaffers Tape/Oleg

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 18:15:28 -0800

I beg to differ with you. I've been using the stuff as a musician for
several years. I have never had a residue problem with it. To Clarify, I buy
the "Expensive" type. There are many cheap imitations, that say they are
gaffers tape, but are just duct tape with a lesser type "stickum", that does
leave a residue. Any tape, left on for a long period of time will leave some
residue, even Draftsman's Tape and the Expensive Gaffers Tape. The
application on this subject was for short term application time, so there
should be no problem, even on bass strings. However, I get real pissed when
anyone wants to stick things, (including their fingers), on strings. I've
never "Prepared" a grand and never will. It goes against my piano
sensibilties. Music is supposed to be organized sound, of pleasing nature.
IMO, "prepared pianos are just noise and should not be tolerated by anyone
that truly loves music. (End of Rant) (Flame suit zipped up tight!)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)