compression vs rib crowning

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 08:08:05 -0500

André has a caul for rib shaping. I don't know the exact radius
though. He also has a gluing caul with an unknown radius and he uses
go bars for ribbing. The recent set of pre-crown ribs I got from him
were about 70 radius (from the not too precise measuring I could do).
I know for a fact that he has set humidity and temperature settings
that he CONSISTENTLY uses for the ribbing process. So I think that
most of the boards he duplicates might have the same crown. But then I
haven't ordered or seen enough to be 100% positive.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC