verrry interesting!! :-)

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 11:17:13 EST

In a message dated 11/03/03 10:40:20 AM, Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

<< But just between you and me then... what makes you think in the direction
of
plate compression / distortion / reformation / whatever instead of the block
just being yanked around ?

Hmmm...well OK if it is just between you and me..............
 I have seen/heard the effects of plate stress changes when stringing,
changing strings, etc. As well I have observed plate movement at the nose
bolt when chipping...when I forgot to tighten the danged thingee.

 Soo while the plate deformation thingee is covered by more than antecdotal
evidence I have 'never' seen any evidence of creeping/block movement,
vis-a-vis the plate, such as drag/slide marks, gouges elongated, etc........
The tuning pin against the plate thingee is a problem but not one methinks
which involves block movement so much as pin flexing/reaming or poor pinhole

 The block on this particular thingee is a floating block and while it is pos
sible that the block moved as I was removing tension...... it only moved in
direct relationship to the amount the plate moved as it was attached to the
web...of course :-)

OK?
Jim Bryant (FL)
"An orchid in a pansy patch is a weed.