PTG Needs The Money, Was: Dallas Convention Web Site

David M. Porritt dm.porritt@verizon.net
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 18:20:13 -0600

My guess is that from now until "The Convention" there will be a lot
of talk about it, about PTG, about dues, convention costs, etc.

This is exactly why the PTG-L list was created.  It is for PTG's
members to be able to discuss these things without discussing our
internal operation to the world at large.  The list is restricted to
PTG members, and the archives are only accessible to PTG members.

Please make use of this valued tool when discussing PTG business.

Thanks,

dave

On 3/11/2003 at 11:40 AM Joseph Garrett wrote:

>FYI - - - -  I truly don't think the raising of Registration Fees
for the
>Annual Convention, has much to do with filling the PTG coffers. It
has more
>to do with the Expense Compensation of Instructors. Since I raised
such a
>big stink, a few years ago, in a special committee formed to address
this
>inequity of Instructor Compensation, The Institute Committee and the
Board
>have made continuing strides to resolve those inequities. The
Instructors
>were "Bearing the Weight" on their backs and now it is much better,
IMHO!
>Yes, some of you say that it's too expensive. I say it's too CHEAP!
>Considering the level of Instruction/facilities, etc., each
attending
>technician gets their money's worth and then some. Consider what
>conventions
>cost, were this level of expertise is as good?! In other fields, the
costs
>would be DOUBLE OR MORE! Yes, I have done the research and I know
this is
>the case.
>IMO, there is NO TECHNICIAN, that is serious about this business,
that
>can't
>justify the cost of his/her education and advancement. The Annual
>Convention
>is THE PLACE to really get the best training and knowledge
available. To
>not
>attend is shooting yerself in the foot.
>In order to be able to afford The Annual Convention, all technicians
need
>evaluate their prices and costs of doing business. Therein, lies the
>problem. Most Techs are lousy "business" people, who under-value
themselves
>in their fees and how they run their business, in general.
Therefore, it