temperaments (new tack)

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 20:25:33 EST

Hi Avery,
<< Do I want to hear "this
piano sounds great but what's wrong with this one?" I'm not saying which is
which! :-) >>

   Go for it,  side by side is the only way to compare.  You may risk having
to retune one of them, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.  In virtually
every case where I have done this, the teacher has gone for the
well-Temperament, and remained there until a strictly 20th century curriculum
was taken up.  Then a semester or two later, I get the request to return to
WT.

Ed Foote RPT
www.uk-piano.org/edfoote/