PTG Needs The Money, Was: Dallas Convention Web Site

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:16:13 EST

In a message dated 3/11/03 9:53:56 PM Central Standard Time, nicho@zianet.com
writes:

> This thread really should move over to ptg-l

Actually, this should not be on ptg-l. We are not talking politics here. We
are talking about the economic well being of piano tuners. We've talked about
the best vehicle, advertising, setting rates, and other business related
subjects. Attending the convention is just another business type subject.

Some suggested ways to save money. The 3rd through 6th convention I attended
were vacations for my family, and we spent the nights in campgrounds. Some
were pretty far out of town, and I had to get up very early every morning to
make it to class. I know others have done the same thing. There are Youth
Hostels, YMCA hotels, and as Clyde pointed out, church related friends.

The bottom line is that if you want to go bad enough, you'll figure out a
way. It's a mind set.

Wim