Farrand Piano

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 09:51:30 EST

In a message dated 3/12/03 3:41:22 AM Pacific Standard Time,
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com writes:

> Anyone know anything about a Farrand small grand piano from the 1920s? Is
> this typical cheap microgrand? A lady called and is nearly giving one away.

Terry,

Don't know about the grands, but I grew up with a Farrand upright.  It was
made in Holland, Michigan, and is about the same vintage as the grand you
describe.  It was a very plain case, but it plays great and has a nice sound.
 Seems like more thought went into the scaling than into the cabinetry.  My
parents bought it in 1965, and it now resides with my nephew and niece...in
fact, thanks for reminding me!  It's way overdue for a tuning(whose fault is

I would say it's at least worth looking at.  If she has kept it in a decent
environment, it could be nice.

Dave