SAT Update

Jonathan Finger johann@tollidee.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 16:09:41 -0700

Phil, just get a PocketPC with RCT, and you've got all of the things you
mentioned.

Add to that GPS to lead you to your next customer, built in WiFi so you
can check your email and respond to posts such as this between
customers, games, accounting software, and a universal remote to change
the channel on the TV at the bar after work!

Now if they were only nuclear powered, you could use all of these
applications, but in reality, you're so concerned with power usage, that
you never get to do all the things you want to with it.

Jonathan Finger RPT

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Phil Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 1:01 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: SAT Update

I recently purchased a new car and found it to have all kinds of
conveniences that I didn't know I needed such as a digital compass,
temperature gauge inside and out, digital radio station listings etc.
Then
I went to a tuning and was staring at my SAT and I began wondering what
kind
of conveniences might be added to future models.  I love my SAT III and
realize its battery and memory limitations, but with electronics
improving
daily, the sky should be the limit.  Here's some of the improvements I
would
like to see.

1.  Digital clock- either in an unused window or add a third
window.(good
for schedules)
2.  Digital timer to time usage during a tuning.(Good to keep you on
schedule)
3.  Digital display of the standard or fabricated FAC tunings, piano or
customer names(rather than just the number.)(No more referring to
printouts)
4.  Room Temperature and humidity display
5.  Friendlier directions for setting pitch raise, offsetting pitch etc.
Onboard Help
Here's some WAY-WAY-OUT ones:
6. Cell phone connection to the internet to retrieve unusual piano specs
etc.
7. An onboard PDA to contain schedule, tuning history, maps, customer
data
etc.
8. A printer to print out invoices, receipts and  charge card.

Can you think of others?

Phil Ryan (Please be kind)