Modern Necessities was RE: SAT Update

tune4u@earthlink.net tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 17:26:35 -0600

Well ... those of us opting for Tunelab or RCT have the whole shebang at
hand already.

So the computer became a tuner ... meanwhile, you're asking for Acutuner to
make their tuner into a computer.

Hmmm ...

I was just reading about the old tuners who traveled a circuit on horseback,
armed with a hammer, a tuning fork, some mutes, a box of parts, and a few
tools.

Are we spoiled, or what? <G>

Alan Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On
Behalf Of Phil Ryan
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 2:01 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: SAT Update

I recently purchased a new car and found it to have all kinds of
conveniences that I didn't know I needed such as a digital compass,
temperature gauge inside and out, digital radio station listings etc.  Then
I went to a tuning and was staring at my SAT and I began wondering what kind
of conveniences might be added to future models.  I love my SAT III and I
realize its battery and memory limitations, but with electronics improving
daily, the sky should be the limit.  Here's some of the improvements I would
like to see.

1.  Digital clock- either in an unused window or add a third window.(good
for schedules)
2.  Digital timer to time usage during a tuning.(Good to keep you on
schedule)
3.  Digital display of the standard or fabricated FAC tunings, piano or
customer names(rather than just the number.)(No more referring to printouts)
4.  Room Temperature and humidity display
5.  Friendlier directions for setting pitch raise, offsetting pitch etc.
Onboard Help
Here's some WAY-WAY-OUT ones:
6. Cell phone connection to the internet to retrieve unusual piano specs
etc.
7. An onboard PDA to contain schedule, tuning history, maps, customer data
etc.
8. A printer to print out invoices, receipts and  charge card.

Can you think of others?

Phil Ryan (Please be kind)