Shank extractions ...

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:46:42 -0800 (PST)

Well, the normal method is to use one of those
adjustable drilling jigs, set up using an adjacent
hammer, and then bore out the broken shank using those
angles.
    But if there is still a little shank stub, and if
it was originally glued with hide glue, I have
obtained good results by filling a bottle cap with
vinegar, and placing the hammer so that the stub wicks
this up into the glue joint. After about 1/2 hour, jut
pull out with pliers.
    But, of course, you will read none of this having
filtered out my emails.
     Thump