Lap top ETD microphones

Wed, 12 Mar 2003 19:48:06 -0600

At 20:09 03/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have always used the built in microphone on my laptop for tuning.  But,
>I got to thinking, (my mind wanders when I tune) should I be using an
>external microphone for tuning instead of the built in one?  I am thinking
>about the frequency response of the built in mic and thinking that it is
>probably not the greatest.  Do any of you use an external mic with your laptop?
>
>Ned Swift
>Lowell, MI

Ned,

Yes. I use an el Cheapo mike which I place on the cutoff section of the
soundboard of a grand or drop down behind an upright action (usually
looping the cord around the action bolt nut) so it's hanging mid-air -
somewhere below the keybed level.

Isolates VERY well from ambient noises like vacuums.

Conrad Hoffsommer
then used against you.