12 tuning forks=ETD?

Ron Koval drwoodwind@hotmail.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 15:29:24 +0000

Since no one else picked up on this, (being kind, or just didn't follow that
thread?) I thought maybe we should hear ric M's views on this:

What Ellis gives for Broadwood ca1870 as far as the procedure
for implementation, is a little different from what James
Broadwood himself gave in 1811.  Big deal?  To me it is
interesting.    He (JB) gave a pattern, a step by step sequence.
If that didn't work, for amateurs, he also  suggested parallel
tuning from 12 tuning forks, (in 1811 !!) the modern equilivant of
advocating tuning from an ETD.  There will be arguments on this
but I will address them as they come.
<snip>

ric, do you see these as the same?  Maybe if we're talking about a Korg to
set the temperament, and then matching the rest by ear, but really, are you
ready to throw all the modern gear in that same pile?

Ron Koval