Let's Get Real, was: PTG Needs The Money

Pianotek2000@aol.com Pianotek2000@aol.com
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 11:20:46 EST

List,

No matter how you spin this, guys and gals, the PTG has raised  the
registration fee by a whopping 30%.  That's the bottom line.  Do any of you
really believe the rate of inflation during the past year was anywhere near
that figure.

Let me suggest to those lecturing the rest of us failures on how to budget
correctly, that no business person would begin to assume such a huge
increase.  In fact, I'm quite sure no business in the country assumed any
budget category would increase that amount, except maybe for oil.  Is the
piano tuning business really that good that it doesn't matter, and are the
rest of us really such failures.

It comes back again to the PTG trying to make up the loss of so many
exhibitors not coming, and they are doing it on the backs of their
membership.  And, I understand the 4th of July conflict continues for the
next three years.  Has anyone thought about that.  When do we start holding
our leadership accountable.  When do they get the message.  Maybe when they
see the attendance drop.  I think we should stop bashing us tuners out there
who are not apparently as successful as the rest of you and don't blink at a
30% increase.

In a message dated 3/12/03 4:56:30 PM US Mountain Standard Time,