Tuning Tunes

Kerry Cooper brispiano@optushome.com.au
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:12:57 +1000

Autumn Leaves - My arrangement.

It keeps the customer happy.
Kerry
----- Original Message -----
From: <stars@teleport.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 2:42 PM
Subject: Tuning Tunes

> Hey Y'all,
>
> I've been out of town for a few weeks taking care of my mother as she
recovers from a knee replacement surgery. Haven't kept up on the digests,
but just read the last one and a question came to mind.

> What tunes do you use as your 'test' tunes to play when you are finished
tuning? I know this is highly irrelevant, but I find the choice of favorites
interesting with the different technicians I've had work on my pianos over
the years.

> As a non-professional, I can tell you that when a customer hears her piano
played by someone who has just finished tuning it, and hears the sound
bounce around the house of a tune that is part of the technicians toolbox,
it just feels and sounds so neat to hear - how do you pick 'em? Which one do
you use? And if there is a reason - why?