Tuning Tunes

Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:50:35 +0100

Interesting comments in light of some claims as to what can or cannot be heard
relative to temperament concerns by piano tuners. Here is a piano tuner who
actively employes the playing of a musical piece to help him identify exactly
temperament problems, and problems with unisons as well.

I wonder if Mike might try and put words to how temperament problems are sensed
in this manner. Surely it is not in the same fashion as in attempting to count
beats in test intervals. I'd be very interested in what you are actually
listening (feeling ??) for

RicB

--
Richard Brekne