Tuning Tunes

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:00:21 -0800

At 08:42 PM 3/13/2003 -0800, you wrote:
>What tunes do you use as your 'test' tunes to play when you are finished
>tuning?

Whatever I happen to have memorized. Sometimes not a whole piece or
movement, if
my memory fails part-way through. I'm overdue to learn some new ones -- it
gets
tiresome to play the same thing over and over.

At present: the C major prelude of the Well Tempered Klavier. (I've used it
for years and years)
a Bach 3 part invention -- working on another.
Short Poulenc piece -- needs work.
one Scarlatti Sonata, complete, for a miracle
the slow movement of a Clementi Sontina
a few lines of the Maid with the Flaxen Hair -- needs work

Susan