PIanocorder repairs

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:31:55 -0800

I get tape decks shipped from all over.  Usually costs less than $100 to =
repair.  Send to me at 2107 El Capitan Ave.  Santa Clara, ca. 95050.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com=20
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Bob Hull=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2003 6:43 AM
  Subject: PIanocorder repairs

  A new customer has contacted me about maintaining his grand piano but =
it has a Pianocorder unit on it that is 15 or more years old and the =
tape player does not work.  I have no experience with Pianocorders or =
really any players, other than pulling actions in and out of a few =
PianoDiscs and others.  He says that when you put a tape in there it =
just sits there and clicks.=20

  Anyone experienced with Pianocorders (Marantz Superscope)?  Is working =
and caring for this unit going to require a lot of learning about how =
the Pianocorder works and how to repair/maintain them?  Are there parts =
available?  Should I try to find someone in this area (Memphis and West =
Tennessee) who knows how to work on them?

  Thanks,

  Bob