old Lowrey console

Z! Reinhardt diskladame@provide.net
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:44:14 -0500

Re: old Lowrey consoleHi Dave!

Try seating the strings at all bearing points.

While you're at it, make sure the bridgepins are properly seated.

Then go after the hammers with whatever method works best.

If all of this doesn't work, you may be dealing with something as =
potentially musical as a row of rebars, in which case it would be more =
cost-effect to replace it with something that was designed to have a =
pleasing tone.

Z! Reinhardt  RPT
Ann Arbor  MI
diskladame@provide.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Foster=20
  To: Pianotech ; Keith McGavern=20
  Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 8:15 PM
  Subject: Re: old Lowrey console

  In fact, yes she has complained about it.  Just about an hour ago, she =
called me up to let me know that it didn't sound any better and it still =
seemed out of tune.  Of course, I reassured her that the piano was in =
fact in tune.  So this isn't just my interpretation.  She has =
complained.
  The very first time I tuned it, about a year ago, I did add some =
hammer softner solution to the middle section and it seemed to not help. =
 That's why I resorted to reshaping and needling.  I'm beginning to =
wonder if it is just the piano design and quality that makes it sound =
this way.
  I have not tried pliers, though.  I haven't resorted to that just yet. =
 I wanted to get a better opinion on what else to do.

  Dave Foster

    ----- Original Message -----=20