Americus Vespucci

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sat, 15 Mar 2003 11:02:11 -0800 (PST)

The conquistadores were scraped from the rabble of
Spain's streets and barrooms, and the Jamestown lot
were not much better. I have read portions of
Vespuccis letters on the native women here, and they
are hardly a "scientific" treatise! And the article I
read cited them as a major recruitment tool in
gathering adventurers to this continent.
     Fortunately, good manners prevent me from
repeating their contents on this list.
      If you wish to live in a fantasy wherein
everything American is Godly and noble, I have no
objection. Its still a free country ( well, for the
moment, at least).
     Thump

=== message truncated ===