tuning marathon tips

RptBob1@aol.com RptBob1@aol.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 15:54:37 EST

Hi Wim:
And tuning Samicks all days must have been really hard on the arms,wrists and
shoulders.  The newer Samicks are sovery tight.

My experience was to tune 14 pianos for a Church COnvention and I did it all
in one day.  About half were brand new and of varying brands. Very few pitch
raises, if I remember correctly (it was about 14 years ago) and I was
finished in about 9 hours with 15 minute break.  I don't think I was very
fussy about the top or the bottom octave and I did not hear any complaints
about the tunings.  Got paid same day! Now isn't that a treat.

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio

ps; been off the list for two months and got back just in time for the
Amerigo garbage.  Some muck is just so hard to flush...