Serial number help

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 14:56:27 -0800 (PST)

Darone,
    That last number seems to make sense---may have
been put there by a refinisher to keep track of parts
in the shop. Look on the front of the keyframe. May be
number there. Knabe at this point was being bulit by
American, and yours may have been aplayer (Ampico).
Does it have a bunch of funny holes up underneath? The
legs may be single replacements for the original
double legs, and not original to the piano.
     Thump