callbacks

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:33:44 -0600

>Whenever I do a first-time tuning and find the piano a reasonably even
>flatness, I assume that the last tuner tuned the piano flat.  Is this a false
>assumption?

Probably not, since pianos so rarely (if ever) go out of tune evenly.

>It seems to be, since Ron no doubt tuned this piano to pitch the
>last time he tuned it, and yet it it was more or less evenly flat.

Nope, I had tuned it low the time before. With one string already gone from
some previous tuning attempt, we had decided to leave it low the first time
I tuned it about ten years ago. Since I hadn't written the information in
the piano, it took me a little while to dredge it up from memory.

Ron N