more Rake Angle stuff

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:28:40 -0800 (PST)

I dunno. It seems to me that a hammer CAN be made to
hit "poipendikilar" (Popeye, ca. 1935) to the string
by making the angle to the shank plenty obtuse.
    But, in fact, this angle seems to be ACUTE in the
pianos I've seen, so I still like my explanation
regarding strength at the shank-hammer joint. Care to
convince me otherwise?
     Thump

    But, in fact,