too much O.T.

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 08:33:14 -0600

Hey I've been on the list for 3 or 4 years and it's ALWAYS been like =
this.  I find the CAUT list to be a bit more sophisticated.
Joy!
Elwood

Elwood Doss, Jr.
Technical Director/Piano Technician
Department of Music
225 Fine Arts Building
University of Tennessee at Martin
731/587-7482
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Dave Nereson=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2003 2:07 AM
  Subject: too much O.T.

      I'm another one who is about ready to unsubscribe to the list =
because rather than getting educational discussions of piano rebuilding =
and servicing, and answers to problems I run into on the job,  I get: =
American nostalgia, space shuttles, sexual habits of Native Americans, =
Amerigo Vespucci's exploits, political discourses on presidential =
actions (of the U.S., not PTG), mindless banter, and rantings and =
ravings ad nauseam.=20
      It wasn't like this (not as bad, anyway) last year -- what =
happened?  Isn't the content of this list monitored, and edited at least =
for the archives? =20
      If people in other music-related fields are referred to this list =
or the archives for edifying information regarding their piano problems =
and questions, what will be their impression of the Guild, when the =
discussions include the above-mentioned crap?  These people could be =
performing artists, college music professors, amateur rebuilders (some =
of whom could be new PTG members seeing this list for the first time),  =
technicians from other countries, and other professionals, perhaps doing =
research for a book or considering going into the piano service field. =20
      All this off-topic stuff "cuts a bad figure" for a PTG-related =
newsgroup.  There are thousands of other groups and chat rooms =
available.  Use them for your diatribes, not this list.
      --David Nereson, RPT, Denver
    =20