A first/broken molding

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:38:53 +0200

Yes, but on a very old piano with exceptionally thin molding. =
Klinenatized back together. worked fine

Brian

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 5:14 PM
  Subject: A first/broken molding

  List,=20

  After tuning thousandss of pianos over the last couple of decades, I =
had an experience yesterday that was a first for me.  It was a brand new =
upright piano, a brand new model manufactured in the southeastern US. I =
was tuning the in the mid-treble when the D-66 hammer snapped.  No, not =
the shank.  The hammer snapped right at the beginning of the felt where =
it tapers onto the molding.  =20

  I admit to pounding fairly hard when I tune, and perhaps my pending =
divorce had something to do with the ferocity of the blow(:-), but this =
was a new one on me.  Anyone else ever seen this?  =20

  Dave Stahl