Upright Whippen & Mutton fat

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 17:53:59 +0100

Hello,

Vaseline mixed with talc or Teflon is certainly better than that I
guess.

Mutton tallow is probably the source of the slugginess in jacks or
repetition springs on many grand whippen.

About upright whippen, I believe the height of the whippen is of
primal importance, or said in an other way, the "magic line" on a
vertical is very sensitive, because of the larger vertical distance
than on a grand.

The book "the piano key and whippen" (translation from the German
Walter Pfeiffer's book) is a very good reading about these matters.

best .....

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et reparation de pianos.

PianoTech