Pianotech Poetry

Scott Pickett scottpickett@nucleus.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:26:41 -0700

Keep your day job....
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Robert Goodale=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 10:39 AM
  Subject: Pianotech Poetry

  Poetry for piano technicians?  Why not, somehow I just got inspired =
I'm not sure why.  Here is my first, what do you think?  Keep my day =
job?  Perhaps some of you can relate to the topic.
  =20
  Rob Goodale, RPT
  Las Vegas, NV
  =20
  =20
  Betsy's Cry=20
  By Rob Goodale, RPT
  =20
  She cries for an echo, a ghost.
  History's crude humor, the final insult.
  =20
  Fleece the fair passed by,
  Weak from the head, soft but without purpose.
  =20
  Should have been the box from which she came.
  The most critical was not rejected, begs for more.
  =20
  Newton's dream, gravity without weight.
  Her input loose, compromises to the side.
  =20
  Not of wood, an unnatural element.
  Broken and crumbled, her children now silent.
  =20
  Slips away, her voice lost to friction and time.
  The steel now stolen, the gift lost.
  =20
  The savior is called and discriminates.
  Hours go by, she remains silent but hopeful.
  =20
  Moment of truth, will she breath?
  She coughs and sighs, tired eyes open.
  =20
  Exhausted and regret, the servant collects.
  The apprentice now sits and begins self torture.